Practical Steps To Deal with Stress
What is fear? Fear is worry, projecting fear, anxiety, stress, concern, dismay, distress, dread, panic, phobias, etc. It can be worry at the job, worry over finances, worry over your children, and it can be stress which is internal by some expectation you put on yourself or by others and you are trying to perform to meet their expecations. This is a fear of man, fear of failure, fear of rejection if you do not do a good job and many other types of fear. More symptoms of fear…
Some of the symptoms of fear or manifestations of fear:
- cold hands,
- cold sweat,
- throbbing heart,
- cold feet,
- tension in the neck or soreness,
- leg cramps,
- racy mind,
- confused thinking when overwhelmed with life.
How to deal with Stress
1. Make a decision (resist) and speak it out to God that you don’t want fear in your life any more. You need to make a bold declaration to the Lord. I do not accept the fear in your life any more.
2. Ask god for discernment how fear is impacting your life. Find out where fear entered in your life.
- Did you have a traumatic event such as car wreck, etc.
- Suffer from betrayal from someone, etc.
- Did someone shame you in front of others!
3. Repent to God for specifically to each way you have given into fear and not trusted Him and not believed in His Word. You have to do that when fear is present. That means when you are having a panic attack or struggling to fear, repent to fear because fear is a sin because it is opposite to God because everything about God is faith. Fear is a spirit according to 2 Timothy 1:7 “He did not give us a spirit of fear but of sound mind…
4. Ask god to forgive you for these sins or fears you have entertained and to work in your heart so that you can truly trust and believe God and be free from fear.
5. If someone betrayed you or shamed you, then forgive them.
5. Walk in this every day. How do you break old habits? You are developing new habits by doing this daily until you have God as your faith instead of being ruled by fear and anxiety. That means ask God to deliver you from this spirit of fear.
6. When fear tries to come, quote the word at it or at the enemy. 2 Timothy 1:7 for God has not given me a spirit of fear but of a sound mind. The word is a spiritual weapon. Ask the Lord to help you to believe his word as truth and will not believe what fear is saying to you any more. Look up the promises of God in scripture to combat fear.
7. Find a ministry that understands deliverance that is able to work and bring you to freedom. Especially if a person has had trauma. Trauma brings in fear that can grip so look for a ministry that will deal with the spirit of fear.
Every time we feel fear rising up in you, you have to decide what you are going to believe. When you believe in God’s word which declares repeatedly that when you trust God and believe Him, He will protect and care for you and save you from all of your trouble or anxiety. Or will we believe the fear that speaks against the word of God?
This is a part you play to get fear defeated in your life. You have to continually choose that you will believe God no matter what things might look like to you in your natural eyes or seem like to your natural mind. Then, you will have a living faith in the word of god to come to past in your lives.
Psalms 27:1 The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear. The Lord is the strength of my life whom shall I be afraid?
More Articles on Stress, Fear, Anxiety, etc.