Land of Milk and Honey
Have you ever got out of bondage and didn’t feel normal or uncomfortable? Did you know the bondage you were in is very familiar and many times you will want to go back to the land of Egypt. If you’ve been in bondage for so long, then when you get free, it is a hard reality. How about those who have been married in a very mentally abusive relationship? Why is that!
Egypt represents the flesh and Israel was delivered from Egypt and traveled in the desert between Elim and Sinai called The Wilderness of sin.
During that time, the Israelites murmured and complained because of need of necessities, food and water.
God did many demonstrations of miracles in Egypt through Moses and continued to do miracles to demonstrate God’s power, goodness and provision.
Many times, when a person has been in bondage, like Israel being slaves in Egypt, it is familiar and comfortable. Our flesh prefers the old instead of the new thing (the promise land) God wants to produce. The reality, the enemy will try to do anything to get you to go back to your bondage.
Have you ever gotten free from bondage and it should feel good but feels strange at first? The flesh wants to take you back to bondage because it is familiar and comfortable. One, it is a lack of trust in God for meeting you when there is uncertainty.
God’s ways is to go forward and trust Him in the land of uncertainty.
What do you do during this time?
1. Praise him for your freedom
2. Declare and decree you are free and not going back
3. Draw the line in the sand to determine to go forward into the wilderness for God to burn away more of the flesh
4. Stand on the promises of God and fight for your freedom
5. Pray over yourself and call forth your callings and giftings
6. Don’t look back in the land of Egypt of regrets (flesh) and sadness but move forward into the new land (spiritually) with gladness a land of promise or what the Lord told the Hebrews, the land of Milk and Honey. When you do think of the past, take the time to renounce those thoughts according to 2 Cor. 10:5.
It is a time to renew the mind to burn away more of the flesh and break strongholds of thinking and move into our new inheritance – the Promised Land. The enemy will throw thoughts of remembrance but don’t play into them. Remember God has your best interest.
by: Traci Morin
Ordained Minister of the Gospel
Touch of God Healing Ministries (a healing and deliverance ministry located in Dallas, Texas). If you live in the Dallas area, come to Set Free Bible Study and start your journey of healing!
If you are not saved, please look to get saved because time is short.
See the Love of God Videos and learn how much the Father of Heaven Loves you.
Need prayer, fill out our online prayer request!
Read the testimony of Traci Morin healed of 13 diseases body soul and spirit