Proverbs 26:2 “A curse without cause shall not come.”
What does that mean a curse without a cause? A demonic curse in our lives does not just land on us without a reason. There has to be a cause to bring in the effect of a demonic curse or awaken a generational curse. Behind every demonic curse that comes upon us, there is a cause and effect. Do you feel you have a curse operating in your life, Deut. 28:16-64 is a good place to check for entry either by you or your family bloodline to determine its cause.
Even generational curses cannot come on you unless the door is opened. We have weaknesses (or bents) to that generational sins of our forefathers and familiar spirits will tempt you to open that door to sin to activate the generational curse.
The main cause of a curse to land on you is disobedience, and disobedience takes on many forms. It means not being obedient to God, God’s Word or God’s voice speaking to you, and you not obeying. In 1 Samuel 15:23 “for rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft.” Witchcraft is an expression of man’s rebellion against God. Doing psychic power or clairvoyance to give people prophetic direction is a sin that opens the door to torment.
Deut. 28 says you will even lose your land, your children, etc. because of operating in sin and occult powers definitely opens the door to legal right for demonic curses operating in your life to rob you.
Another good place to check for curses is the ten commandments. If you can identify the open door for a curse being active in your life, then take the time to confess your sins or confess the sins of your forefathers. It just needed to put under the blood and placed on the cross.
Another area opens the door to demonic curses is Galatians 5:19-21.
“Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, sorcery, hatreds, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambitions, dissensions, factions, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.”
Did you see if you are in habitual sin, you will not inherit the kingdom of God?
The following is a list of how demonic curses come into being into a person’s life:
False Gods – There is no other God besides Me,… Is. 45:21 Some of you serve the Lord but have other masters. In Matthew 6:24 it says “N man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
That means to hate here is an idiom. If men prefer sin and Satan to God, then they are of the devil (1 John 3:8) and will be sent to hell with him (Matthew 25:41).
How do you know: Do you have something you hold above to give you importance? Car, House, Job, Ministry, Position, Title, Things, Money, Country Club, etc. What have you made more important than God!
Having false gods, links a person to satanic forces outside himself.
Are you saved and cannot enjoy the true liberty and the fullness of the new creation in Christ? Do you feel as you move forward, something invisible knocks you back two steps when you move three steps forward? You might have a curse.
2. Occult practices.
Occult is derived from a Latin Word meaning “hidden” or “covered over”. Men fall into occult practices for the desire of power.
Every form of supernatural knowledge or power that does not proceed from God, proceeds from Satan. Satan is the executor of the Law.
3. Physical and Spiritual Adultery.
In Proverbs 5:3-6 refers to an immoral woman as a woman who allures and fascinating in her approach and ruins the one she approaches. There is a spirit of witchcraft from the root of occultism with a driving force to control people and circumstances. Open the door to demonic curses in your life.
4. Divination is the knowledge branch of the occult in which it presents itself in many forms but the result is the same – knowledge of the future. Psychic ability, clairvoyance power into the future. Some prophets do this.
5. Sorcery operates through materials objects impacting physical senses, such as drugs and music. In 2 Tim. 3:16 Paul warns that the close of this age, evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived.
6. Disrespect for parents – Eph. 6:1-3 regardless who evil they may have been.
7. All forms of oppressions and injustice or blocking someone to further the kingdom of God, racial prejudice and injustice through an innocent child through abortions.
8. All form of illicit or unnatural sex (with animals, homosexuality, with family members outside of marriage).
9. Anti-Semitism.God blessed Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. I will curse him who curses you (meaning to speak evil of) Gen. 27:29
10. Legalism (religious spirit).
11. Withholding 10 percent to God in your tithes and offerings.
12. Speaking against authority or God’s anointed (father,mother, husband, wife, teacher, priest, minister or pastor).
13. Pledges or oaths that bind people to ungodly associations example fraturities, freemasonry, and other clubs.
14. Soulish talk or accusation against others.
15. Soulish prayers charismatic witchcraft prayers against another.
16. Moving property boundaries of another person’s land for your benefit.
17. Unforgiveness – when you refuse to forgive your enemies, the Lord will not forgive you.
18. Stealing and lying to another.
19. Murder with the tongue or physical murder.
20. Using people and not having love for others but for yourself (self-centeredness).
21. Slandering another person (false witness) to another Christian person.
See other links curses generational curses:
by: Traci Morin, Ordained Minister, Teacher, Christian Public Speaker, and Servant Gospel of Jesus Christ
“Setting Captives Free from Disease and Deliverance and from Spiritual Oppression”
Spiritual Warfare Prayer: Four Our Battle is Not Flesh and Blood
- Sick, Oppressed, Stuck! Be Healed, Set Free and Empowered! Attend Touch of God Healing Deliverance Ministries and find your freedom.
- Healing is for you! Read Testimonies and Traci Morin 13 diseases healed from broken heart.