King Jehoshaphat exhorts Judah to have faith in God.
What does he do next to deal with fear?
3. Praise and Worship
What did he do next? To pray
The prayer was:
1. You are the God of our fathers
2. You are the God of heaven
3. You rule over all the kingdoms of the heathens
4. You have all power and might
5. None is able to withstand You
6. You are our God
7. You drove the Canaanites out before Israel
8. You gave their land to the seed of Your eternal friend, Abraham
9. They have dwelled there
10. They have built You a sanctuary for Your name
11. They have told us that when we are in trouble to stand before this house, in Your presence, crying to You in our affliction, You will hear and help.
12. And now, the Ammonites, Moabites, and Edomites are come to cast us out of our possession (your boss, evil people, evil family, evil workers, evil co-workers, evil friends)
13. You will not judge them
14. We have no might against such a company (3 companies – Moab, Ammon and Edomites)
15. We do not know what to do
16. Our eyes are upon You. It is getting our eyes off the situation but onto Christ with blind trust that He will see you through your situation (job, finances, children, bills, etc.)
Jehosphaphat believed the Lord and bowed his head to the ground, and all Judah fell before the Lord in worship. They worshipped his character, the promise and deliverance.
We can put our trust in the Lord. He cares for us and cares about every detail for our lives. When we get our eyes off of the circumstances onto Him, it releases the Lord to move mightely. The Lord sent confusion in the camp.
Vs. 20-21 “And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa; and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe int he Lord your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper. And when he had sonsulted with the people, he appointed Singers unto the LORD, and that should Praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army,a nd to say, Praise the LORD; for his mercy endureth for ever.”
The appointment of singers to lead the army into battle must have been in divine will, for as soon as they began to sing and praise God, God sent ambushes against the Moabites, Ammonites and Edomites and they were smitten. God must have sent angels and the enemy became confused and they began to destroy each other. This is a miraculous happening that, I’m sure, will take place at the battle of Armageddon.
vs. 22 And when they begain to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Sear, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten.
The Lesson in this story is trust God, get your eyes off the situation, praise God in your situation. What I mean praise, praise like the victory has already taken place with confidence and with faith.
Hebrews 11:1 says “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” It is knowing, even though you cannot see it, that God is working it out for you. His ways are eternal and our circumstances are temporal. So, praise the Lord, even if you don’t see evidence, that he is working on your behalf. You see in 1 Peter 5:7 it says to cast our cares to Him because he cares. Jesus Christ cares about every detail of your life.
Another promise and character of God is “If God is for us, who can be against us.” (Romans 8:31b). This verse teaches us that God is for us! What a glorious thought. “For us” is the glorious principle of God’s attitude and activity toward us. This is manifested through His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ.
“Setting Captives Free from Disease and Deliverance and from Spiritual Oppression”
- Sick, Oppressed, Stuck! Be Healed, Set Free and Empowered! Attend Touch of God Healing Deliverance Ministries and find your freedom.
- Healing is for you! Read Testimonies and Traci Morin 13 diseases healed from broken heart.
- Healing and Deliverance Classes Online Global Anytime On-demand Video course Format (over 20 hours of video teachings)
- Need prayer fill out the free online prayer request form.
- Video Sermons on healing and deliverance
- Own your own videos on healing and deliverance.
- Video Testimony of healing and deliverance from demonic oppression and torment