Spiritual Roots – Renewing our Minds
Dwelling on negative thoughts
personal belief system
Proverbs 14:12 “There is a way which seems right to man, but its ends is the way of death.”
Because we have no conscious understanding of God’s truth as He defines you. We allow others in what they say or think about us define us. What they say and think is not eternal when God’s thoughts of you are eternal. Plus, His truth overrides what others have said – parents, family, friends, peers, teachers, bosses, etc.
The number one area that corrupts our thinking of the Heavenly father, is our earthly father.
Did you have a father who was there for you, who loved you unconditionally or was part of your life?
Did you know your earthly father is the one who wakes up your spirit and instills security, self worth, etc.?
Unfortunately, we formed our own belief system apart from His truth through others. We have grown up living independently of God and relying on our own understanding – which has corrupted our belief system.
Unfortunately, Satan uses sinful men to harm us and to influence our thinking. His greatest strategy is to deceive you with as many lies as possible so that he can keep you in bondage and separated from the Father’s love for you.
John 10:10 “The thief (Satan) comes only to steal, kill and destroy.
2 Corinthians 4:4 “In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.”
by: Traci Morin
- How do you see your problem affecting your relationship with God today?
- I would be more successful if (fill in the blank) …
- I would be happier if …
- I could never be happy if …
- I feel more secure if …
- I would be more peaceful if …
- What beliefs have you had over the years? (list them)
- How are these beliefs still manifested in your thoughts, emotions, behaviors and relationships?
- How do these beliefs control you?
- In what areas do you feel held back because of wrong beliefs?